HP launches new performance options for Z6 workstations
HP is now delivering new highly configurable options for Z6 G4 workstations featuring Intel Xeon W CPUs. According to the vendor, these are ideal for demanding creative workloads like 3D animation and rendering, or any workflows that need higher core counts but don’t require the need for a dual-processor system at higher prices.
The need for technology that can speed up the creative process—all within budget—has become a very real challenge today. With support for up to 364GB of memory on the new single-socket Xeon W-3000 series processors, creators can now take advantage of the HP Z6 higher memory capacity, compared to the Z4. The Z6 is also highly expandable with six PCIe slots for future needs as workflow demands increase.
Harnessing the massive expandability of Z workstations allows creators to take on the next generation of workflows beyond 8K productions without having to worry about system constraints. Furthermore, every Z workstation comes with a 3-year warranty, industry-leading software certifications, and amazing reliability with HP Sure Start featuring self-healing BIOS.
Beyond the advancements in the Z6, the entire Z workstations portfolio is designed to scale across creators’ budgets and performance needs, including:
- TheZ8 G4 is designed for the most demanding workflows, like visual effects and finishing work on high res (including 8K and beyond) content. The industry-leading 1450W (100V) or 1700W (200V) power supply options enables the Z8 to harness the power of fully maxed out configurations, including dual Xeon scalable processors, up to four graphics cards, and up to 68TB of storage capacity. The Z8 also has 7 PCIe slots and supports up to 8 Z Turbo drives, offering the greatest expandability in the Z workstation line up.
- TheZ4 G4, HP’s best-selling performance workstation, supports up to two NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 GPUs, which supports 8K Redcode RAW decoding and debayering for real-time playback, editing, and colour grading without the need to purchase extra video decoding hardware. The Z4 is a great value solution for the video editor with support for two full-sized graphics cards, five PCIe slots, and up to 256GB of system memory for fast application responsiveness when working with large content files.
- And because creators also need a display with color accuracy to match the highest standards, HP offers the HP DreamColor Z31x Studio Display, the world’s most advanced colour-critical display. It boasts cinema 4K resolution, always-accurate colors, user calibration, and a host of workflow tools to give you powerful, consistent performance. The Z31x Display has unique features such as integrated remote manageability, automatic or scheduled calibration, and an integrated KVM switch. For creators in media and entertainment, you can also access built-in markers and masks, video levels, split picture-in-picture, and user presets.
All the above-mentioned products are available now. The units will retail at:
- HP Z4 G4 for AED 5005 (excluding VAT)
- HP Z6 G4 for AED 6846 (excluding VAT)
- HP Z8 G4 for AED 9211 (excluding VAT)
- HP DreamColor Z31x Studio Display for AED 11,635 (excluding VAT)